Welcome to Hinsdale County!
Whether you are a resident, part time resident
or visitor,and whether you come to
Hinsdale County to live, work or visit,
it is our job to make your experience more enjoyable.
Please use the menu on the left to navigate the site.  If you
need further help, please call our office.
Call 970-944-2225
or toll free at 877-944-7575.
Or send an email to
Information on Cinnamon & Engineer Pass
Cinnamon Pass : CLOSED            Engineer Pass :CLOSED
Transfer Station Rates
Effective January 1, 2015  PDF Download

Transfer Station Hours
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday
From 8am - 4pm
· CLOSED For Lunch 12 - 1pm
County Commissioners Meetings
Wednesdays June 1 and June 22
will take place at Lake City Fire House, 10 am
Board of County

Cindy Dozier
- Chair

Stan Whinnery
- Vice Chair

Susan Thompson
To report Abuse or Neglect of a Child or
At-Risk Adult:
To report child or adult abuse or neglect,
call 1-844-264-5437 or 970-707-7005. If it is an emergency or
you are witnessing a child or adult in a life-threatening situation,
call 911 immediately.
In case of an emergency, call 911.
Hinsdale County is seeking proposals for development of a business
plan at the Ute Ulay Town / Mill Site. This project is a partnership with
the USDA Rural Development. Please direct questions to Kristie
Borchers at 970-596-9071. Proposals are due June 1.
Ute Ulay Business Plan RFP

Hinsdale County is seeking proposals for completion of a drainage
project at the Historic Hinsdale County Courthouse. Compete RFP for
the project along with site drainage plan to be implemented are
available for download here or at the Commissioners Office at 311 N.
Henson St, Lake City. Proposals must be submitted to Hinsdale
County.  Please email a PDF of your cover letter, work resume, and bid
price by June 3, 2016, before close of business for consideration.
Courthouse Drainage Project RFP